Mudd & Co are specialists in block and property management, acting for a range of varied sized developments in York, Leeds and the North East. We understand that each development requires a tailored service and strive to provide a personal touch.
As Chartered Surveyors, we will undertake regular inspections of your development to pro-actively identify maintenance requirements and to ensure that your management company or residents association complies with their legal requirements.
We understand that first-rate communication and efficiency are at the foremost of most management company�s desires and aim to provide excellence in these areas to our customers, a number of which have been managed by us for many years.
No two buildings are the same and the management service required by any development needs to be tailored to the specific requirements of that building. The items covered below are those which are typically required and are included within our property management service but these can be adapted as required. Our service includes;
• Maintaining insurance policies � buildings insurance, Directors and Officers insurance, terrorism cover and public liability insurances.
• Preparing service charge invoices and collecting service charges on the required basis. We have effective systems for ensuring service charges are collected, if necessary via legal options.
• Maintaining the finances of the company and holding funds within a specified ring fenced Client Trust Account in the name of the company. Maintaining financial records and assisting accountants in providing the year end accounts and financial statements.
• Providing Companies House duties including the roles of Company Secretary and Registered Office � this service at no extra cost.
• Attending Directors meetings and the Annual General Meeting at no extra cost.
• Inspecting the development, pro-actively identifying maintenance issues and working to resolve any issues in a quick and effective manner.
• Arranging quotations for works, implementing these works and supervising these through to conclusion.
• Liaising with solicitors as and when this may be required.
• Preparation of annual budgets and agreeing service charge levels with Directors.
As an owner of a Leasehold property, you must be property consulted on major works whereby the cost to each Leaseholder in the development exceeds �250 � whether this is taken as a one-off demand or from existing service charge funds. Current regulations dictate that a Section 20 Notice under the Landlord & Tenant Act 1985 must be served, a process which must be carefully managed. We have experience of ensuring the correct process if followed, ensuring our Clients are able to undertake major works within the current legal framework.
As managing agents, we also have experience in;
• Handling NHBC claims and achieving positive results for our Clients.
• Providing advice on Leasehold Enfranchisement and the purchase of your Freehold.
• Providing advice and negotiating Lease extensions (it is advisable to keep Leasehold interests to a term exceeding 80 years and in most cases, over 100 years.)
As no two developments are the same and the services our Clients require varies, we can offer a range of pricing options.
These can include an annual fee which incorporates all management requirements or a fee based upon a percentage of the collection of service charges or turnover, payable only upon receipt of the funds to be collected.
Major works which may be required are in some instances liable to an additional charge, always discussed in advance of any service we will provide to you.
Regulated by RICS.